Sunday, February 3, 2008

the worm adventure begins

I held off as long as I could, but the call of composting worms finally got to me :) My sister, as well as friends of our have these composting red worms, and we've always heard rave reviews. Since we had a good size box to use already, and my sister divided her worms for us, there was no start up cost (hey, can't argue with free worms, right?)

Aaron and I will have a regular outside composter once spring arrives (will it ever?) but for now, it is super easy to just take veggie scraps down into the basement everyday. We'll see- apparently in a few months, we'll have tons of "castings" (worm poop) that make beautiful compost.

Cross your fingers, I'll update how it is going!

2 comments:

luvnbnmama22 said...

Oh, I loved my composting worms...unfortunately they didn't make it after Cierra was born so I have to go buy some more!

Leah said...

delicious! good for you!