Sunday, February 10, 2008

Oh dear- I'm knitting!

As many of you know, I cloth diaper Taggart. We do good old fashiond cloth diapers (kindly referred as, fold-em-your-damn-self diapers by my friend Andrea) pins, and wool covers. Wool makes an excellent water barrier, as the lanolin in it has waterproof and antibacterial qualities. I like buying wool pants, as it saves a step- just throw the pants over the diaper. However, these pants are very expensive.

So my logical mind tells me- come on now, how hard can it be to buy the wool, and knit these pants myself?

Ah ha- NOW I know why these pants cost so much, they take F O R E V E R to knit up. Goodness, I hope Taggart doesn't grow out of his current size before I finish these babies!

So, feel free to email me if you know how to knit, and have any advice for me. As a tried and true stubborn Maine woman, I refuse to give up. But really, any advice would be appreciated. :)

No comments: