Monday, February 18, 2008

crazy driver

First off, let me say that whomever invented the grocery carts, with the firetruck underneath for little ones to sit (surely you've all seen these "kids carts") has my utmost respect. I speak for mothers everywhere when I say that they are a real lifesaver- no one likes to drag their cranky kids around the grocery store. Heck, I wish there was a fun cart for ME to sit it, I really hate shopping for groceries.

A few days ago, Tagg and I were shopping (thanx Babi for taking Coop, it's so much easier to shop with half my kids) me steering the cart, Tagg sitting beneath, steering his fire truck. We play a game called "crazy driver." Nothing really much to it, when Tagg turns his wheel back and forth fast, I join in by driving the cart side to side, as if he's operating the whole shebang. Tagg laughs his head off, the whole time shouting CRAZY DRIVER, I get my shopping done just the same. Simple pleasure of a toddler.

On the way home from shopping the other day, I had to slam on my breaks (ok, and my horn...ok, and I screamed) to avoid getting slammed by another car. When it was all over, I had to pull over on the side of the road to compose myself. Thirty seconds or so of silence went by, before little Tagg said (in such an awe struck voice)

"Woah. Crazy Driver."