Friday, September 12, 2008

my new mantra

Turning thirty for me this year was truly great. Yeah, there was plenty of build up- all the "so, are you freaking out about turning 30?" questions got to me a bit, which made the weeks leading up to my birthday a bit tense. But honestly, I'm thrilled to be thirty. I'm just where I want to be in life. I've got a wonderful husband, two happy, healthy children. I live in a beautiful home in the woods, close to all my family.

I've taken on a new "mantra" of sorts. I've decided I'm going to choose to let things roll off my back, let go of the bad and embrace the good. I think that most all of the good things that happen to a person, are a result of choosing to be happy. You cannot control what happens to you, only your response. Holding on to grievances, and negative thoughts just waste energy. I'm spending far, less energy being happy, then being angry, regretful and bitter. Actually, choosing to be happy recharges my energy.

So here it is, my motto:

Being happy is a life choice, not a side effect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sue! -beth, charlie is my horse!