Wednesday, September 17, 2008

again. . .where does time go?

So, I've gotten a position at Cooper's elementary school as the after school band teacher (well, really, its group instrument instruction, but who's counting) It's only five hours a week, and I can easily fit it into my teaching at home. It's fun working with groups, and getting into band instruments again is a plus. (ok ok, it's also great money!)

It's funny working at the school I went to. Walking down the hallways I walked so many years ago, this time as the teacher instead of the student. Even more wild, is seeing teachers and administrators there that actually remember me from my HD days. When someone gives me the "Oh my god, it's Sue Maine!" I tell them it makes me feel old. Yeah yeah they say, really it makes them feel much older.

Today I had to go to the third floor (now the SAU office, it used to be the 8th grade classrooms when I was there) to fill out some paper work. On the way up, I passed Cooper walking to computer class.

I passed my son in the hallway of my old school.

Woah.

1 comment:

Leah said...

ok, i will comment! it is crazy and I don't know where time goes, but I"m pretty sure. maybe it's that pot at the end of the rainbow.

I can't envision walking down the halls as a teacher, let alone seeing my child there! crazy! third floor eighth grade.. wow... english, social studies and math were up there. I remember walking into that building for the first time. YOU were the first person I met, Suzanne! Do you remember?