Thursday, September 4, 2008

the first call from Cooper's teacher

Last night, the phone rang around 8:30. Aaron brought me the phone, and looking at the caller ID, my heart skipped a beat. It was Cooper's Kindergarten teacher, this can't be good. I tentatively answered the phone, and heard:

"Hi Suzanne, it's Mrs. Wheeler. . .No, nothing is wrong with Cooper"

Apparently, she knows what goes through a parents head when the teacher calls them at home. She was calling to comment on Cooper's lunches (I pack him a lunch every day) Her exact word were:

"Cooper's lunches are inspirational, if a five year old can eat a hummus and tabouli sandwich, so can I"

I generally let Cooper pick out his lunch, as he has very healthy taste :) He likes raw veggies and hummus, cheese, some kind of sandwich, and a granola bar. His teacher even told me that Cooper said he can't have chocolate milk because the sugar makes him crazy.

good boy!

2 comments:

Apryl said...

I love it! Go Cooper!

Anonymous said...

That is soooo great! i love hummus too can coop come teach my kids its good?