Thursday, August 28, 2008

where did five years go?

I know it's cliche, but I just can't believe how fast the years go by. Two days ago, we celebrated Cooper's fifth birthday, and this morning, I left him in his kindergarten classroom for the very first time. I just can't possibly imagine him without his mother from 8:30-3, Monday through Friday.

(oh my, here I go again- eyes swelling up a bit)

He marched into his room, standing straight and tall. Aaron, Babi, Tagg and I all saw him off, and we were all quite proud of him. As all the parents started leaving, Cooper gave me that look. . .that "Mom, it's time for you to leave, or I might start to miss you" look. So off we all left him to his own space, with his own teacher, in his own classroom.

Ok, well, I did peek in at him through the window when we got outside- but just for a minuet :)

No comments: