Thursday, August 14, 2008

ah ha, here come the mosquitoes

I knew this mosquito free summer wouldn't last! Thanks to all the rain we've been getting lately, we've got a whole batch of ity bity baby bloodsuckers.

Cooper and Taggart love picking blackberries. They'll spend an hour in the bushes, only to pick an handful of berries (and, as a side note, bring them all in for their mama) Being deep into the berries puts them at the edge of the woods- prime mosquito country. So my little berry picking troupers come in for rest time, both covered in bites.

Tagg is scratching everything like crazy, saying over and over again:

"Mommy, dragonflies bit me!"

Picturing him squashing pretty little dragonflies, I was sure to correct him that it was mosquitoes biting him. To which he replied:

"OOOOHHHH, taquitos bit me!"

Close enough buddy.

1 comment:

Our Crazy Happy Family said...

I sent them to you...I was tired of being bitten every night :)