Saturday, July 19, 2008

my camping man

Aaron makes no qualms about it- he hates camping. We camped out in Nova Scotia for our honeymoon, and on the way home he informed me that was most likely the last time we'd camp out like that. (wimp!) The kids and I are always nagging him to go camping, however, all to no avail.

A few weeks ago, Aaron's brother Pete calls to invite Aaron on a camping / canoeing trip down the Saco River. Pete, and six other guys all meet up once a year for a three day expedition into manliness. They canoe down the river all day, and set up camp alongside the river each night.

Now, for some reason that I can't understand, Aaron agrees to go on this trip. (hmm, is 36 too young for an early midlife crisis?) I can't get Aaron to camp for one night at a campground five minuets from our house, but he's going to do this mega macho man trip with seven other guys (six of which, by the way, are Eagle Scouts!)

So, off he goes Friday morning with his backpack, ready to conquer nature. I'm getting the vibe that all these super-campers are more then likely in their early 20's, and most certainly used to all this outdoor ruggedness. Aaron just might be in over his head.

Something tells me that he'll be crawling into bed the moment he comes home Sunday afternoon. . .sometime nature conquers the man. :)

No comments: