Friday, March 14, 2008

snow is melting!

Finally, we are all healthy here, and able to enjoy the warmer weather. Snow is melting (and mud is being made) I'm amazed what a puddle magnet my two boys and one golden retriever are.

I reminded Aaron that March is "order baby chicken" month. I have long dreamed of having a chicken coop, and with our barn (ok, I realize that it is more of a big, glorified shed) he simply cannot say no any longer. I LOVE fresh eggs, and the kids are very excited about having more pets.

I told Cooper he will have to help name them. Somehow, knowing my boys, they will be able to tell them apart. Cooper started rambling off names:

- Uncle Brian
- Uncle Pete
-Uncle Gary
-Uncle John

Then I burst his bubble and told him that our chickens will be girl chickens (and on a personal note, I am so thrilled to finally have some other females on premises!) So, this was his compramise:

-Auntie Brian
-Auntie Pete
-Auntie Gary
-Auntie John

That is some serious love for his uncles!

1 comment:

Apryl said...

I laughed so hard at Cooper's mad naming skills! How lovely farm fresh eggs will be. Yay for melting snow!