Tuesday, March 3, 2009

farm life?

So, I get a call from Agway that there are still chicks that need homes . . .so of COURSE I go pick up another six, giving us a nice round two dozen little fuzz balls. That should do it, eh?

Aaron knows how I long to turn our little family into a small farm. For a while I'd been thinking goat, but after the realization that I'm really not a big fan of goats milk (good reason not to have a goat) we've turned out sights towards other creatures.

I want Alpaca.

So now, chickens, Alpacas, soon enough I'm going to feel like we've got an official farm. We just need a farm name. A unique quality of our property is that it's lined with oak trees. I'm thinking something like Acorn Acres, or Oak Wood farm. . . . .any ideas?

4 comments:

Apryl said...

I have a great idea! Since you're fond of Spanish names I looked up the work "oak" and it's "roble" What about Roble Farm? Or some variation thereof. You could pronounce it "ro-bull", instead of the Spanish "ro-blay", but still have the neat subtext. :)

I love the idea of having an alpaca!!

Tag's Godmother - Elaine said...

I am thinking something fun like Dingleberry Farm. I bet no one has a name like that!!! LOL! Mike is laughing at me while I am laughing at myself for coming up with that one... sigh... I crack myself up...

jdt said...

I think you should call it South Fork. Like in Dallas.

Hey, I want my house to have a name. I'll have to think of something clever. I'll keep you posted.

jdt said...

HEY - I just thought of one!

Coldwell Corners Family Farm!