Sunday, October 19, 2008

what a beautiful state we live in

Fall in New Hampshire is so amazingly beautiful. I've lived here my whole life, and I still find it equally astonishing every year. We've really lucked out with the weather, so far we've had nice warm weekends to enjoy the colors. Today however, the crisp fall weather has reminded us that ol' man winter will be sneaking up on us soon enough. I guess that is what's so nice about fall, it's like natures "final hurrah" firework display before sleeping through the winter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We just returned from Hillsboro yesterday, and as we got into the car early on Monday, the stars that were visible from my parents driveway were quite incredible.

Living in Pittsburgh for so long, I knew you couldn't really see very many stars, but I thought in our new house we could see more like what I grew up with. But, it turns out, I have forgotten how many stars I used to see on a regular basis.

Someday, I need to go scout out what is causing the light - I suspect the nearby high school is leaving on their stadium lights or something.

PS. the reason we were up to NH this time was to build a playset in my parents' backyard - it is quite impressive - and maybe you should drop by with the kids to check it out.