Friday, April 17, 2009

slow and steady.

We're getting ready to bring the alpaca home, slow and steady. Now that the snow is gone (can I get a collective hooray!) and the ground is ready for digging, we're starting the process of building the pen inside the barn, and the paddock / field area. I've also started spinning alpaca roving (and even got my own wheel!) to prepare myself for all the fiber that is to come.

We are all quite excited to get "our boys" home. It's difficult having them at another farm, and not getting to see them as often as we'd like. But alpaca live to be quite old- so we'll have MANY years to come enjoying their company :)

I'm not sure Aaron has quite realized this - but since I've done all the planning on the size / construction of the pen / paddock / field for the pacas, I've made sure we have plenty of room for two more animals . . .so I'm sure there will be even more fiber in our future ;)

1 comment:

Kathy aka jdt said...

Having them at another farm - that's like free childcare right. That sounds lovely. It's all of that digging and prep work that I don't know if I could do.

Hey, how about you have an alpaca shower. Like a baby shower, only you get alpaca stuff! (Sometimes i'm pure brilliance!)