Wednesday, May 7, 2008

kindergarden sign up

Phew, where does time go?

This morning, after dropping the boys off, I drove over to my old Elementary school to do the unthinkable. I signed Cooper up for Kindergarten for next year.

I'm such a dork. Walking through the doors, I actually got a little bit nervous. It felt so strange to be the parent, not the student. (Mom says I should feel so strange about it, after all, I am almost 30, thanks Mom) When I turn in all my paperwork, the lovely secretary (whom I didn't recognize) takes Cooper's paperwork, and starts making the copies. As she is handing back his birth certificate, her face lights up. "Oh, Sue Maine, how great to see you! It is always fun to see graduated from this school coming to sign up their own children." She was so nice, I wish I could remember who she was :)

How can my baby be going to school?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I dread that day. But alas, I have one more year to cling to the baby years. Way to stay strong, mama!